sábado, 3 de janeiro de 2009

Phrasal Verbs

- GET COLD FEET:
become so nervous about something (marriage, new job, university exam, etc).

- CAN/CAN'T AFFORD TO DO "SOMETHING" OR CAN/CAN'T AFFORD SOMETHING:
have or not have enough money to buy "something".
Ex:
That video camera is so expensive.
Don't worry, i can afford it!

- HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS: think that your decision may not be a good one.
Have second thoughts about doing something.
Have second thoughts about something or someone.
Ex:

What do you think of the new guy?
I'm afraid I'm having second thoughts about him. At first, I was sure he was right for the job. but now I'm not sure. His work isn't as good as I expected.

- DEEP DOWN: deep in your heart - your true feelings.
Ex:
I told them that I wanted to fly, but deep down I'd like really like to drive.
Why?
I've never told anyone this before, but I'm afraid of flying.

-

Nenhum comentário: